Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Just in case you didn't know...

Being sick sucks!
Woke up this morning at 4 so cold that the only reason I woke up was because I was shivering so hard. An hour later I was laying in a puddle of my own sweat, then back to shiffers, then back to sweats... what a morning.
I got up and shuffled around the house, realizing how horrible I felt I emailed some people at work (they never answer their phones when I call in the AM) how I wasn't doing well and wouldn't be in.
I drank a warm glass of Airborne, refilled my water bottle and headed back to bed.
I slept fitfully until 1130 and woke up remebering some crazy dreams... crazy CREEPY dreams. Freaked me out.
So here I sit. I have put a bowl of soup in my belly, and I am drinking water like I am lost in the desert. My body hurts every where... as if I jumped out of a moving car right before I went to bed last night.
I am pretty sure that riding 30 miles didn't help much but then again I didn't know the sick was coming.
I rode to work and cooked myself. It was warm and humid yesterday morning and I was dressed for 30 degrees. It was a struggle.
I had forgotten how challanging my route to work can be when you haven't done it in a while. I was soaked in sweat when I got there.
Before I came home I put some new rubber on the geared Cross Check.
Made a big difference. I was pretty sure that the el'cheapo Kenda tires that were on it didn't ride well and I think I was right. I felt much faster and smoother on the way home.
BUT the temps dropped from a high of 65 to 45 before I rode home. My riding gear was still damp from the ride in so it was pretty chilly.
I was fairly rocked when I got here.
Cooked some dinner, watched TV, played a video game and drank part of a beer for Sheldon Brown and went to bed.
I felt fine when I went to bed.... not so great when I woke up this morning.

Hopefully this is the 24 hour bug, I don't want to feel like this again tomorrow.

Hopefully I will be feeling better to get out and vote this afternoon. It is my civic duty.

Hope your day is better than mine. Cheers!

No comments: