Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Swope Park Trails - Short but oh so Sweet!


Last weekend was the official opening of some sweet new dirt in Kansas City, Swope Park Trails
http://www.swopetrails.com/

Thanks to a super boss I got the day off to go check out the loop on a beautiful 60 degree day

The loop is only phase one and there is more planned.

Its short but super sweet.
Some of the best single track I have ever ridden.
An added bonus is that I could easily ride there from my house.
I rode 4 laps (2 each direction) and was surprised to discover that I had only ridden a little over an hour.
There seems to be quite of bit of climbing at first since the trail head is at the bottom of the hill.
But its well worth it.

I had been told that it wasn't overly single speed friendly but I didn't seem to have much problem once I got in the groove.


In the coming years this will be another destination mountain bike location in the KC area.


Here is a link to a few photos I took on my afternoon ride.
http://flickr.com/photos/1eyedz/sets/72157609470079089/






















*The official thumbs up from the One Eyed z*

No comments: