Thursday, January 15, 2009

I want one


Cameron built up his new custom Podium "monster cross" fixed gear yesterday.
Its pretty slick and I am envious.
This rig is what I have in mind for when I get a custom bike. Cross geometry with clearance for fat 29er tires.
The biggest difference my set up would have compared to this would be having a disc brake tab on the rear so I could run a freewheel with a disc brake.
Cameron has this built up as a dictated fixed gear.

The frame is beefed up at the joints to make it pretty much bomb proof.








Cam is running white Avid Juicy Ultimate disc brakes
Custom fork



Phil disc hubs laced to Stan's No Tubes 29er rims
Black Sheep Ti post
Jones H-bar with Thompson stem
XT cranks with FSA BB
Chris King headset
Its one sexy beast









I like it a lot and its one more reason to add Podium to my list of possible builders for when I buck up and go custom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a sweet ride. Who's doing the Podium (dumb-ass name by the way) and do they have a web site. The fork is interesting. Looks a bit like a Willits.

One Eyed z said...

Podium frames are built by Cameron's uncle.
The fork is another guy from way out there in Kansas where he's from.. Great Bend?
Click on Cam's name and it goes to his page were there is a link to Podium (I think) and a link to the fork maker.