Friday, November 05, 2010

Thumbs down for Friday

Thumbs down

Well I knew it was bound to happen at some point and today it finally did.
BikeSource decided that after a good 10 year run it was time we part ways.
I'm not thrilled by it but I also realize that it was partiality my own foolishness that created the situation.
I won't bother boring you with the details.

Needless to say for the first time in a long time I find myself unemployed.
I'm a little frightened since I'm not even really sure what to do next.
On one hand this really f'n sucks.
On the other, more positive hand, I see it as an opportunity to make some much needed changes in my life.
Changes that probably should have been made 5 years ago after what should have been a life changing, near death wake up call.

The last several months have been like one kick in the nuts after another.
On top of my persistent finical struggles there has been a DUI, the loss of my new purple Pake (a whole other story), family members being diagnosed with cancer, & now with getting fired I don't know how much worse things could get.

So now what?
Where do I go from here?
I'm not sure.
But I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

dirtdobber said...

How about event promotion? You have been around them for years and would do a fine job. There are worse jobs out there....