Saturday, November 30, 2013

New music Saturday

Been listening to some old, but new to me, music lately.
Thanks to Tracko-  I've been hooked on Fela Kuti for the last week.
My Spotify Fela Kuti station has been cranking out the jams and I am digging it.
I had never heard of Fela Kuti until I saw the video below on Trackosaurusrex, which is surprising considering his influence on music and politics during his life.
After hearing the sound track to the An African Race I had to check him out:

"Fela Anikulapo Kuti or Simply Fela, was a Nigerian multi-instrumentalist musician and composer, pioneer of Afrobeat music, human rights activist and political maverick." - via Wikipeda

Fela lived a interesting life with a bio definitely wort reading up on.
I highly recommend his music as well

Enjoy!



AN AFRICAN RACE from ben ingham on Vimeo.


No comments: