Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dog walkers

I have an issue with people and their damn dogs. Yesterday on my ride to work I ran a cross several people and their dogs. Now I know that the hip and tredy way to walk your fucking mutt is with thoes leashes that extend out some kind of crazy distance. However when some one behind you says "Mame I am on your left." This does not mean move to the right and leave your dog off the trail on the left with the leash draped about handle bar height acorss the trail. Fuckers get out of the way!
I understand that the paths are there for everyone but I am trying to get to/get home from work. Getting lassoed by your dog leash and your lack of responsiblity is not on my todo list. Move you ass. You don't stand on the street with you dog attached to its leash on the other side of the road do you? NO you don't...unless you are a complete moron.
My other paved trail issue is the folks that although they are comming right at me and can see me comming don't break up their little walking group so that I can pass with out haveing to run off the trail. If I wanted to go off road riding I wouldn't be on my road bike on the pave trail you fuck. Once again get the hell out of the way. At least show some common cursity and let me pass, you can go back to walking together once I pass you.
I just don't get it.
Kansas City does not have a lot of bike paths. I have really enjoyed riding them to work this winter since my accident (see www.savezeke.com) but once the weather warms up I think I will have to retreat back to the streets and take my chances with the cars. Dog walkers are just too dangrous.

No comments: