Monday, November 12, 2007

Being a dumb ass

Once again being a dumb ass almost ruined my weekend.
Matt (AKA the Mayor of Waldo) had a pub crawl Saturday afternoon.
We started at the Corner Cocktail and worked our way north along Wornall. We his some great dive bars like, the Village, the Paino Room, Anthony's (actually is called something else now), Tommy Farr's, and ended at the Waldo Pizza Tap room. The idea was to hit every bar along Wornall from 85th to 71st which meant we had 5 more stops. But the Mayor had to be home. His wife had places to be so he got kid duty. No problem. There was only 4 of us. We ordered up some tasty waldo pizza and headed to the Mayors house for more beers and some afternoon college football.
This is were zeke got drunk. We switched from yard beers to good higher alcohol content beers... zeke got drunk in a hurry.
A few hours later I was trying to roll start down Matt's fairly steep driveway, on my fixie, one handed since I was trying to chat up some poor gal on my phone. I went over the bars dropping my phone and using that hand to catch myself as I hit the ground.

Knocked a nice chunk of flesh out of my palm and tweaked my wrist a bit. Ouch. Hurts more that it looks in the crappy photos.
I got up and grabbed my bike and pedaled over to the home of the poor gal who was on the phone (little did I realize my phone was laying there in the street). After attempting, poorly, to convince her that she should make out with me I puked all over her house... smooth move dumb ass.
Needless to say I am happy we are good friends and she didn't kick my ass to the curb right then. I woke up in the morning on her bed, she was on her couch in the living room. I attempted to clean up my mess I made in her bathroom. I drank some coffee while I apologized many times for being a drunk dumb ass. She thought it was funny over all... even the puke. About then I realized I didn't have my phone. I one handed pedaled back over to Matt's house to look for it. Luckily a neighbor had found it for me laying in the street that morning.
I limped back home to the comfort and safety of my one sofa. I decide to hell with going to the cross race. I might have tired but a buddy who was going to give me a ride out there texted to say he was sick and wasn't going. Whew... that saved me the embarrassment of doing horrible on a course that I heard was quite tough. And that is over looking the fact that my wrist hurt enough that I wouldn't have been able to lean on it comfortably on the bars, not to mention my fresh wound on my palm.

I spent the day on the sofa, napping and drinking water and eating cookies. The hand looks pretty gross today but isn't really all that bad. Sore as hell and the wrist is a bit swollen but not bad. Hopefully it will feel better before the weekend. I have been considering a run up to Lincoln after work on Friday. Two days of cross races (I only planned on doing one) and hanging out with some cool kids I know up there. I guess worst case I won't race. If I can't be comfortable riding there doesn't seem to be much of a point does there? Guess we will see.

5 comments:

WUNNSPEED said...

Wow... a palm like that makes it a bit tough on a single guy. Can you use your left hand?

Phones, beer and fixies don't mix. Kind of like light, strong and cheap in bicycles.

One Eyed z said...

Its kinda rough but its not slowing me down in that department too much.

gwadzilla said...

yikes

TMI!

race...

if you do not have a note from the doctor
race

cvo said...

dude, you should come up this friday for a weekend of debotchery.

party it up friday night at D street, wake up, ride to the cross race, drink, yell,

party it up saturday night at D street,

do the same on sunday get up, drink, ride, yell,

should be a good time.
we've got room for ya, and you coming would be a good excuse to invite peeps over to the house for social bacon hour friday night...

How do i get to my old stuff said...

laughin at u ...
wait, i mean with.

Glad you survived with little more than wounded pride. Heal up quick and come see us in Lincoln.