Thursday, October 29, 2009

Did I mention that Wednesday was new bike day?

Cause it was. At least for me.
My new rig

2010 Giant TCX frame set
FSA headset
FSA Gossmer Cranks with Mega XO external BB
40t Surly chain ring
Salsa Chain guard
N-Gear Jump Stop chain guide
Ultegra 9 speed STI levers (set up 1x9)
Ultegra RD
Ultegra 12-27 cassette
SRAM chain
Shimano 105 rear hub laced to Mavic Open Pro rim w/DT Swiss spokes
Hutchison Bulldog tires
Specialized 30.9 seat post
Specialized Phenom saddle 143 CroMo rails
Paul touring canti rear Neo Retro canti front w/Salsa cable hangers
3T stem 110 31.8
Ritchey WCS bar 31.8
Specialized S-Wrap bar tape
Specialized Stout front hub laced to Salsa Delgado Cross rim w/DT Swiss spokes
Shimano cables
Jagwire housing

I had to modify the N-Gear a bit. The bike came with a pulley so you could run a bottom pull FD.
The bolt hole for the pulley was right were I needed to put the chain guide.
Nothing a little bit of grinding couldn't fix
Had to slightly mod the chain watcher

Done and done.
Now its time to put some miles on it.
Don't know if I'll actually race it CX or not.
When I talked about it at the last race I got told I "wasn't allowed" by the buddies I race with. I guess they don't want me on gears since I normally run single speed in the CAT 4.
Maybe if I feel entergetic enough for two races I can use it for some Master's B 35+ races.
I doubt that but we'll see.
I'm just excited to have a new rig.
And its purdy too!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Since when do you listen to what others tell you to do? I say race it!!