Thursday, January 26, 2023

October Surprise

 It’s nice that over these 3 months since (what I’ve been calling) the October Surprise that there has been so many people supporting and wishing me well in my recovery. 

Unfortunately I have a pretty low opinion of myself so it struck me as odd that anyone actually even cared. 

However, I have been pushing myself possibly harder than I should have been to recover. Not because of or for those supporters but because recovery was what I wanted. While I may not think I really have much of a life, it’s MINE LIFE and I want it back. 

And we are getting there. 

These 3 months have been trying, physically & surprisingly mentally but recovery is happening. 

I’m set to be back in the shop wrenching on & selling bikes again at the first of February. Heck at this rate #biketoworkKC will be back shortly too. 


Thanks again for all the support. Especially those that donated to the Go Fund Me that was set up. Thanks to that I’ve been able to pay rent, bills, & eat. 

A big thank you to the fine folks at Truman Medical Center as well for patching me up. Cause I was a bit of a mess. 

Fractured skull, broke collarbone, 5 broken ribs, fractured wrist, oh boy! 

All from a possible hit and run. 

Via my last doc visit it will be a year before my body is done healing. 

So let’s make 2023 a good one, shall we? 

#RecoveryProcess #CarsCantStopM

No comments: