Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Its RAGBRAI time!

A couple more days of work and its vacation time!! Once again I will be spending the week spinning down the pave through the corn fields of Iowa. RAGBRAI is upon us and its one of my favorite times of the year. I am ready for a week of riding... I am ready for a change of pace and scenery.
Its been a long season so far with, for one reason of another, not much dirt riding/racing. With a lot of wet weather causing three MTB races I annually do being canceled and/or postponed. I work event scheduled conflicted too much to be able to compete. The one race I did do so far this year I DNFed. Sort of a bummer of a race season for the first one flying the BKB flag. Shit happens and there is always cross season. The only race left on my schedule is the Rapture in Misery 6/12 on August 19th. Last year I attempted the 12 hour solo and crashed out after 4 laps, bloodied me and tacoed a front wheel. Funny how trees aren't inclined to move. This time around I think I should set my goals a little lower and do the 6 hour solo. I was feeling it 4 hours into last year and my fitness isn't any better currently as it was then. Too many excuses as of late for not riding etc.
After RAGBRAI its time for some changes.
If you don't know RAGBRAI is the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa... Register as in Des Moines Register. Rolling, 400+ mile, week long bicycle party... its one of my favorite things and always a great time.
Evil appears to be back in more of a "team" format. A new bus and a new driver but the same great people. I plan on flying the Evil flag all week, pull on the BKB gear for a day or two as well. Friday I head up to the rendezvous point to meet the bus and other Evil people. Then pile in the bus Saturday for the trek up to Rock Rapids, the start town of the week. At some pre noon point Sunday, throw a leg over the saddle and start the week of rolling across the Iowa country side.
Bikes will be ridden, beers will be consumed, photos will be taken... I write you a report when I get back.
Until then here is a little taste of what you will be missing out on, enjoy!






Oh and in case you are wondering...
No, I not excited that Lance is going to be there again.
If nothing else he is an annoyance and leaves crowds of dumb asses in his wake who are simply in my way. The week is better with out him and all his yellow wrist band wearing followers.

Fuck Yellow Wrist Bands

2 comments:

WUNNSPEED said...

Have fun with the Evil kids. Take lots of pics (preferably of naked women) and don't lose or break your camera. That's an order!

When you get back from RAGBRAI it's a great time to carry the new-found fitness in to the last race.

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Ya got me laughin' now. :D