Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Appropriate dinner attire? Yes.

I got a new T-shirt in the mail today and happily strutted around the house in it admiring how happy I was with it.
Its the new AHTBM "I'm Fucked up. What are you?" shirt. Not that I needed another black T-shirt but I like to support what my friends do.
Statements & Questions


After a bit I realized that maybe wearing a shirt with the word FUCKED on the front might not be appropriate for dinner tonight with the Keithly's at our favorite Taco Tuesday haunt.

Thats when I remembered this other snazzy number I had buried in a drawer from Pink Bike.
Now that is very appropriate dinner wear.
Front

I remember when I got this shirt back in... 2003? I wore it out one night with my girlfriend to dinner. Much like me she thought it was funny. The other folks at the Chinese buffett didn't seem to think so.
I got up to go refill my plate and upon my return my g-friend was doing all she could to keep from bursting out laughing. I guess as I was re-filling my plate she overheard the table behind ours say: "Oh my god. Did you read his shirt?!"

Now being me I think the shirt is fantastic. But I guess I could see how some people might be shocked and offended. But that is part of the fun, isn't it?

BackYou kinda have to understand the context. Its a shirt about full suspension down hill rigs. The 7 inches being the amount of rear travel. The back of the shirt even has a very phallic looking rear shock on it.
Fun stuff.

This whole fun with T-shirts thing also made me realize how may T-shirts I have. I've got a lot. And by a lot I mean A LOT!
So many in fact that I'm gonna get out the camera and take some photos tonight for a new Flickr set appropriately titled T-Shirts.
And yes I know. I'm a dork. Funny things happen when you waste away a perfectly beautiful day inside.

Time to go get a taco.

No comments: